Thursday, December 22, 2022

Distraction

I thought of an analogy for distraction of someone of any age, and anyone who has had a baby should remember this. If you have a baby and you don't know this trick, here is a Big Gift:

If a baby is holding something dangerous or breakable and you want him to drop it, hold out something more interesting. He will drop what he has, to reach for the new thing.

And that is how distraction can work.



I don't have a page on distraction, but the original is on facebook and I got back to that 2017 writing from a link at SandraDodd.com/depression.
photo by Sandra Dodd

1 comment:

  1. I started a "distraction" page. There's more to add, but it's a busy week. If I don't get back to it, someone please remind me!

    https://sandradodd.com/distraction

    ReplyDelete

Please comment!