Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Home Safety

When a parent learns to calm herself, or himself, many things happen. The home becomes safer. The parent becomes more reliable and more trustworthy. The children can make more choices without fear.

When a parent can learn to take one deep, calming breath while deciding what to do, the parent becomes wiser and more patient.

The quote is from page 205 of The Big Book of Unschooling, in the article on breathing, that links to this page: SandraDodd.com/peace/anger
[It's page 238 in the newer editions.]

photo by Sandra Dodd, of Holly with onion rings, when we went to Denny's because our wifi was down
__

1 comment:

  1. I think I can comment now . . . I can vouch for this post by stating that when my anxiety level went down after my daughter was born, *everything* got better. : )

    ReplyDelete

Please comment!