Friday, September 28, 2018

A smile instead of a frown

"Love that sunset. Want to tell you that magnet sits on the door of my fridge and the words have allowed me to move forward so many times when I would have been stuck in a negative place. Sometimes just knowing you can give a smile instead of a frown is all it takes."
—Davina



SandraDodd.com/magnets
Photoshop by Holly Dodd
Photo and quote by Sandra Dodd
(The magnets are business-card sized, not as big as the image here.)


That photo with more sky, no words: Waking up Happy
"Love that sunset. Want to tell you that magnet sits on the door of my fridge and the words have allowed me to move forward so many times when I would have been stuck in a negative place. Sometimes just knowing you can give a smile instead of a frown is all it takes."
—Davina

SandraDodd.com/magnets
Photoshop by Holly Dodd
Photo and quote by Sandra Dodd
(The magnets are business-card sized, not as big as the image here.)


That photo with more sky, no words: Waking up Happy

2 comments:

  1. I had a comment and question by e-mail, and I have an answer. :-)
    ___________________________

    Good morning, Sandra! I enjoy reading your JALAS and consider it an entrenched element of my morning ritual. Today (9/28/18) I clicked forward, out of my email, to see your complete 'Page.' I was captivated with your "Themes in the Images" word-poster (yes ~ it would make an awesome poster!). I gazed at it for a while and wondered at its composition. I wondered who designed it, what criteria were fixed, were letters omitted consciously? Why is 'sign' between the g words & the h words? No doubt, as you intended, it got me thinking!
    . . . .
    Thanks for the mental and emotional daily boosts.
    ___________________________________________

    "Themes in the Images" was my term, but the format of the words is one of the available options provided by blogger, if one chooses to have a list of tags in the sidebar.

    "Ghost" isn't a term on its own, but is the second part of "ghost signs." While I think there are three or more photos of ghost signs in those nearly-3,000 Just Add Light posts, I've only labelled one. It's here:
    A million-piece puzzle,
    with a photo I took in Coleman, Texas, in 2011. There's a link to some more, and about what ghost signs are.

    The image links are to the type of photo it is. I know there are more chickens in there; I've combined them with birds in general, though I did differentiate cats from other animals.

    Bird tags (well... not "bird tags," but posts with pictures of a bird or birds which have been tagged).

    My favorite it "tube." I like "tube" photos.
    No, maybe "path" is my favorite.

    I will keep labelling older posts, and I hope people will play with the "Themes in Images" links.

    Thanks for reading, and don't trust a phone to show you the best parts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. DOH! I can't edit comments here. Maybe some of you figurd out to click ghost signs to get to "A million piece puzzle," which of COURSE exists, but I must have an error in the code. Sorry.

    https://justaddlightandstir.blogspot.com/2011/12/million-piece-puzzle.html

    ReplyDelete

Please comment!