Friday, January 2, 2015

The weather of the soul

Sometimes I get still. That's good, because sometimes I don't, and can't. If I were that zippy all the time, my body, mind and soul would probably wear out.

. . . .

When I was younger and I would change, I thought something was wrong with me. I was under the mistaken impression that personality and mood should be constants. Life is better when I think of those fluctuations as tides, or as the weather of the soul.

Cocooning and other stillness
photo by Sandra Dodd
__

1 comment:

  1. Jah love Sandra. Give thanks and praises for this excellent post. I can now accept and love the changes in my mood and in my personality. The fact is that like the weather, my moods change according to the season and the environment and what I have input into my body and my soul/mind. I am learning to love and accept ME as I am including the changes and fluctuations that I go through. Blessed love.

    ReplyDelete

Please comment!