Wednesday, June 23, 2021

Becoming more open

Marta wrote:

What I'm starting to realize (by what I've been reading and learning, and by my own observations of my experience), is that we can most certainly choose alternatives that can lead us to more openness (like choosing more positive words to describe how we feel about something, or genuinely trying to relax and see what our children and partners see in something they like, etc.). And that if we do it often, we can probably rewire our brains, creating new neurological paths and becoming indeed more open.

—Marta Venturini Machado

SandraDodd.com/open
photo by Elise Lauterbach
__

2 comments:

  1. I get a weekly newsletter from psychologist Dr. Rick Hanson; he details information about the neuroscience behind “rewiring” our brains, and provides inspirational practices. That’s been life-changing information for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I asked Dharmamama to share the link to the newsletter she mentioned. It is https://www.rickhanson.net/writings/just-one-thing/

    ReplyDelete

Please comment!