Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Gratitude

I'm writing this on October 2, 2012. I'm one month after and one month before something for which I would like to express gratitude.

On September 2, this blog was two years old. I offered gifts in exchange for donations to cover some expenses (not for this blog, but for SandraDodd.com and the series of Always Learning Live events). I had 37 people/families contribute. All the cards, certificates and packages have been mailed. Thank you all!

I also requested title art for webpages, and nine people (from five families) sent various types of things made of Lego; hiking finds and forest bits; photo; paint; pen; and pen-and-computer art. The collection is *here*, and you can follow links to that art in use on the pages for which it was created.

That was all pretty fun and I'll probably do it again next September.

The other matter for which I am grateful is that my youngest of three, Holly Dodd, will turn 21 on November 2, 2011. My three children have grown to adulthood. I know that not all parents are as fortunate, and I know many things could have gone differently. We can't control or contain the world, but we can appreciate the joys that come.

SandraDodd.com/abundance
Cat art by Noor JontryMasterson

1 comment:

  1. I'm proud for my kiddo and I to have submitted one of those title art projects, and I love all the others you received -- such a nice range of media!! I look forward to us participating in both events next year (although I do have another title art project I'll get to you long before then!).

    Great photo of your beautiful nearly-21 daughter; love her hair =).

    Glenda

    ReplyDelete

Please comment!