Friday, January 20, 2012

Do that THIS year.

The words of Kelly Lovejoy:

If you knew you only had a year more with that child, what would you expose him to? Where would
you go? What would you eat? What would you watch? What would you do?
If you had only ONE year—and then it was all over, what would you do? Four seasons. Twelve months. 365 days.

Do that THIS year. And the next.

That's how unschooling works. By living life as if it were an adventure. As if you only had a limited amount of time with that child. Because that's the way it IS.

SandraDodd.com/doit
photo by Sandra Dodd

2 comments:

  1. I have read this before, and it always hits me, hard. It was one of my "aha!" moments when I first came to unschooling and didn't understand it very well.

    Beyond that though, it is a powerful reminder to me that there is not much that's more important than being with my child, in the moment where he is. If I had only one more moment on the earth, that's where I'd want to be.

    ~Michelle Kirkpatrick

    ReplyDelete

Please comment!