Monday, May 8, 2017

Half a lifetime ago...

Marty was fourteen. By the time this is read, he might be older. But he was fourteen, it was Saturday, and I was playing something on Neopets.

Marty came in and said, "Mom, you know what I really need?" I didn't know. Had I been pressed to guess, I might've thought maybe he wanted the new Nickelback CD, or maybe a hamburger, or to win the lottery. Though his question had been more hypothetical, mine was real:

"What?"

"A map of the New Mexico Territory when Arizona was a part of it."

I might never have guessed that one, so I'm glad he told me.



As I post this quote and photo, Marty is 28 now and still loves maps.

Read the rest of "What Marty Really Needed": SandraDodd.com/martymap
photo by Sandra Dodd

1 comment:

  1. ❤ Appreciate EVERYthing about this sharing of "What Marty Really Needed". Such a thoughtful example of the Many joy&wonder-filled gifts possible when we intentionally allow for adventures in learning. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete

Please comment!