Thursday, February 21, 2013

Time out

There have been a couple of errors lately, and I wanted to take a minute to talk about the blog. I misspelled the name of the Concorde in yesterday's post. Julie D, who has provided me with some nice photos, and who crossed the Atlantic by Concorde more than once, caught that. I spelled it as though it were part of Flight of the Conchords, and if anyone isn't familiar with that duo, this is a fun intro.

On February 10th's post, one of the links was broken when the e-mail went out. It was repaired that morning, on the blog, but for those who missed it, here it is with the link working: Disharmony for a good cause

Two nights ago in a conversation here at the house, I was telling a friend that the photos I use aren't really very good, and that Lori Odhner's daily mailing (Marriage Moats) has GREAT photos. The very next night I was talking to another friend by phone, and she brought up how much she loves the photos on Just Add Light and Stir.

I will continue to do what I'm doing until frustration outweighs satisfaction, and I quit and do other things.

Until that happens, here are two other resources some of you might subscribe to, or peek in on occasionally. One is an infrequent blog about connections and thoughts, called Thinking Sticks: Playing with Ideas. The other is a little more frequent, and links new pages or notable additions to existing pages on my website: Unschooling Site News, SandraDodd.com.

If one day a post from Just Add Light and Stir seems too small for you, or it wasn't something you needed to read, maybe you could go and poke around one of those other blogs and find some sparkly ideas.

Thanks for reading!

2 comments:

  1. I love Just Add Light and Stir! I like that it's short and sweet. I find it thought provoking and actually love the photos. Whilst I am not an all-out unschooler and don't think it's the only way to parent with love or educate with love, I do think it is a lot saner and kinder than sending your kids into the f*cked up school system, and these mini-posts fit very well with my philosophy of drawing wisdom from others then doing what fits for you. So anyway, I hope you don't quit this blog! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Just Add Light and Stir also!I don't want you to quit this blog either! I'm just starting our homeschool journey with my 15 year old. When I turn my computer on in the morning, I look for your email first. It's always very encouraging. Thank you for what you do!

    ReplyDelete

Please comment!