Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Personal healing

I've accomplished a lot of personal healing and family progress by treating
my children the way I wish I could have been treated when I was their age. Instead of using a script from my own childhood, instead of saying what my mom or one of my teachers would have said to me, I really look at my own child and I try to say what they need to hear, what will make their life and learning easier and less stressful.

SandraDodd.com/interview (2/3 down)
photo by Sandra Dodd—fossil; limestone; Austin
__

2 comments:

  1. I agree. I'm not repeating what was done to me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's exactly what I was thinking about this morning, sweeping the floor in all rooms, reparing a pant for my son, and trying to listen to him, even when he doesn't talk, cause sometimes, when he doesn't talk, he talks to me some other ways. And I want to listen to him, other ways too. This post is a good "coincidence" for me today ! :-)
    Thanks Sandra !
    Edith

    ReplyDelete

Please comment!