Monday, March 11, 2013

Magical robbery?

 photo DSC02683.jpgThere is a kind of magic thinking that says television can rob people of their imagination, but that if parents sacrifice televisions, children will be more intelligent.
. . . .

[A]mong unschoolers there are many who once prohibited or measured out TV time, and who changed their stance. Learning became a higher priority than control, and joy replaced fear in their lives. I can't quote all the accounts I have collected, but I invite you to read them.

SandraDodd.com/tv
Photo by Sandra Dodd, at Legoland Windsor, of the kind of plane kids can see on TV!

The quote is a re-run on this blog, because it's four minutes to midnight and I forgot to make a post today! I blame a nap, the lyrics game on facebook, and daylight savings time!

2 comments:

  1. ALWAYS blame daylight savings time!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. from e-mail:

    I just want to thank you for the time, effort, and love you put into these snippets and your blog. (And your humor as you justify a repeat now and then!). Each morning I find great joy in reading what you have to say, and it helps me to connect with and remember what I want to experience in this journey of life. Everyday I feel such deep gratitude for our family experiences and dynamics and our method of "unschooling", and I continue to stay open to new ways and new adventures that could offer even more diversity to our sort of quiet life. I have had my moments of panic, wondering if I'm doing enough, doing it "right", if I've ruined their chances for a quality education, and then beautiful people like you pop up on my email giving me a reminder to look around, look at what my children do and who they are, and instantly any and all doubt dissipates into the nothingness from which it came.

    I am so grateful for pioneers like you who have helped pave the way for my children who in turn will help generations to come...

    ReplyDelete

Please comment!


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...